Yesterday, I asked the moms on my leadership team to fill in the blank...
I cant help but pee myself at some of their answers.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE A MOM WHEN...
- You ask the dog to clean the cheese puffs off your son's hand because you're nursing the baby...
- You watch the dog drink out of your coffee and you still finish it.
- You clean up booggie noses with your t-shirt when there is no Kleenex
- You finally get some time away from the kids and you talk about them the WHOLE TIME...
- You are getting ready for work and notice a spit stain on the shoulder of your shirt...and sweet potatoes on your sleeve.
- You haven't slept for more than 4 hours straight in over a year.
- You are able to make your breakfast, pack your lunch and pour your morning coffee all while holding your toddler in one arm.
- You use headbands more often than shampoo...
- Your cleaning up the trail of food your toddler has left all over the living room floor and instead of walking all the way to the trash can you just eat it and call it lunch.
- You consider having toy cars driven up and down your legs and arms a full body massage
- You consider your bathroom floor mopped after you wipe up splashed water with a towel after bath time.
- You've been washing the same load of laundry for three days because you keep forgetting to put it in the dryer
- You microwave the same cup of coffee 4 times throughout the day because you never had a chance to sit down and finish it
- Sitting on the toilet while breastfeeding and eating a sandwich isn't out of the ordinary
- When sleeping in until 8:00 am feels as magical as riding out of your bedroom on a unicorn!!!
- When you finish the apple your child has been eating all day and dropping everywhere!
- When you stop caring when your child touches the toilet bowl cleaner because at least you get to pee in peace.
- When you have to question if the spot on your shirt is food or poop
- When a common saying for you is, "oh it's just pee... It will dry"
- When you tell your son "no your poop does not taste good!" After he is playing in his dirty diaper!
- When you ACTUALLY get a date night and a hot meal, you still scarf it down in less than five minutes because you're so used to having to!
- When a holiday or vacation no longer means sleeping in & doing what you want to do.
- When you go out with adults you put on more makeup than needed & wear jewelry & heels because you can!
- You know you're a mom when... you find your child playing in the toilet, and you sigh of relief... because at least this time, he wasn't swishing your tooth brush around in it!